Friendship is one of those great nurturing entities that enables you to give and receive without judgement.
I had a lovely walk in the forest this morning with one of my beautiful friends. We admired the views, basked in the sunshine and filled our lungs with lovely fresh air. There is something about sharing the natural space of the outdoors with a friend that deepens your connection.
We talked about our lives and all the wonderful things we celebrate everyday as well as some of the challenges we face and how we overcome them. The flow and movement of strolling through the trees and listening and talking to each other was just the perfect way to give each other space and time and nourishment.
As well as supporting each other, I reflected that the trust and respect that we have for each other enabled us to be truly open and vulnerable, providing us both with the opportunity to learn and grow. I received great insights, just by listening to my friend and sharing in her stories of triumph and struggle. What a gift.
Our friendships are one of the most amazing resources we have as humans to nurture and nourish........and I am so thankful for all of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment